Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sniper Rifle. Specs

Specs. Computer Specs. These marvelled values of personal computers has been ever improving since the birth of computers themselves. A little bit of techy talk here by the way.


I was flipping through the Straits Times recently and came across a "Courts" Computer Sales advertisement page. I briefly sailed my eyes through it and gaped at what was staring back at me.



An HP laptop with Intel Core i7 coupled with a 2GB RAM and 500 GB HDD Drive, only for $1499.


An Acer Desktop with Intel Core i5 coupled with a 4GB RAM and 320 GB HDD Drive, on sale for $800.


Those were just a few of the unbelievable prices of these specs. My very own 2 year-old personal laptop was only armed with a Core 2 Duo Processor and a 250 GB HDD Drive. And I bought it for $1499. The same price as the HP laptop mentioned above.


Amazed at the advancement of technology in just 2 years, I briefly surfed the web and came across even more amazing specs.


A 27 - inch Apple iMac. Intel Core i7. 4GB RAM. Nvidia GeForce. and best of all, 1TB hard drive. What more can I say. I once marvelled at my own PC, thinking that it was the best of both worlds in terms of price and specs. Look what happens 2 years later. They've even come up with a 1TB hard drive for a Mac ! Totally Awesome.


And another 2 years later I can guarantee you that these specs that I am marvelling at right now would be outdated and outshone by whatever new engineering. I guarantee.

2 comments:

  1. Its called Obsolete and trust me technology constantly moves forward. Even now, researchers might have even stumbled upon something earth-shaking for technology. In a way, we can never catch up with technology.

    P.S. Remember to hop over to my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology is an amazing thing .. it advances so fast that sometimes it is hardly believeable.

    But Technology could be harmful sometimes.We are all so reliant on technology that its existence is needed.Could you imagine a world without technology?Start from the communications view point such as satellites...

    But nonetheless , technology is one of the greatest feat of man.

    ReplyDelete