Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hectic Victims. We're the Snipers.

One can say that optimism towards teachers should be made compulsory. Sometimes, we just can't control what we notice of the higher-ups and start to make assumptions. For the past few days, there has been, yup, total hilarious frenzies about our teachers and a few irrelevant but engaging points have been made about them. I'll tell you guys in detail what I just meant.

List of notable teachers:

1) Mr Kong (Chemistry)
2) Mr Choi (Higher Chinese)

Right, so here I go with sole bravery,


Chemistry was our first Science module of the year and no one could underestimate the power of Science from last year's teachings of Mrs Teo Chin Chew. However, this year our perception totally changed as we had a chemistry teacher with a more soothing complexion and reasonable attitute towards us students. It was, nontheless, Mr Kong. No one critized him about his teachings ever but until Monday, where we figured out one funny fact about him.

The lab assistant was a women named Michelle. She did various chores for Science teachers and got a load of criticism from Mrs Teo last year. This year however, she seemed more confident from her strides into the lab and we could soon see why.

On Monday, I was late for lab lesson due to some commitments and to my surprise, Mr Kong did not question me about it at all, neither did he even glanced at me once when I stepped in. As I sauntered towards my seat, Nigel, my lab mate was whispering into my ears. " Mr Kong naughty leh, damn naughty sia !" I was confused at first but seeing Mr Kong turn his gaze towards Michelle everytime she stepped into the lab soon resolved it. And he didn't even glance at me when I came in! We burst hilarious laughter throughout the whole lab lesson as he continued to turn towards her everytime she stepped in. After all, he is a man, isn't he? Deciding that it was better be put off as a joke, I'm sharing this issue with Acerons with a laugh.

Right so, Mr Choi was another one of our "victims" I say. He was a new teacher from Malaysia and his nationality is well, Malaysian Chinese. He was well-versed in Chinese with a hint of a rising accent and was proclaimed to be frowning to the presence of Western teachers.
He was well, you could say inexperienced in Singapore's teaching system. Just today, he gave out a comprehension assignment. He drew the lines for us personally and drew 2 lines for a 6 marks question. When inquired about this, he gave his reply with a disgruntled look. "Write it smaller then." What. was. that ? Even writing smaller for a 6 marks question won't be enough to compensate for 2 lines. When asked if we could write behind, he refused at first but soon gave in to our chatterings of that issue.

Another thing about him was that, he seemed eager to prove his authority towards us. During reading period, we had behaved exceptionally disturbing and a foreign teacher came in shush us up. All that time, Mr Choi's face had a confused look. After the foreign teacher left, he immediately walked to the middle of the classroom and said in a confused and calm manner. "所以," Then, suddenly, as if remembering that he had to be angry in a situation like this, shouted with unreal anger, "我告诉你!...... 我可以很凶的!" He ended with his usual high pitch accent at the last word, ended making us laugh instead of fear.

Well, these are the snippets of the things happening to our teachers now. Looking out for inequalities in Aceron. Byes.

5 comments:

  1. Humorous post but a little side note, I think that you should try to cut less on the speculation and gossip as I think the teachers might feel hurt if they see the post.

    Nevertheless, I wish you luck in your path to blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should not really gossip about the teachers. I had a painful experience, and I hope you would not have to undergo what I went through again.
    Besides, you should check your post before publishing it. You made a few grammatical errors and inappropriate use of language.
    Good try but my advice to you: Don't run the risk of getting caught for flaming the teachers.

    You can always keep the post for yourself. But by posting on your blog for the world to see, you are committing a grave mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys for the comments. Though its negative, I'll take those advices sincerely and no more gossip about the teachers though I specified warning on the red on top. :D

    ReplyDelete