Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Annoying Orange Series - Shielding from Snipers

Right so, in the past few hectic days, I managed to spare some time surfing youtube for hilarious videos. And I've come across just what I wanted. Take a look at this first comical video.

The Annoying Orange 1


Pretty hilarious wasn't it? Its quite funny to think in a fruit's perspective when getting cut and diced. One thing I like about this video is that it managed to bring humour without using obscene or vulgar words, and instead uses clear perfect english and sometimes uses hilarious puns to develop a sense of humour. The next video is the one I like most and the subsequent one demonstrates pun in the last part.

The Annoying Orange 2


Saw the "brain" getting ripped out of the pumpkin? Plumpkin is another demonstration of rhetorical devices like rhyme. And eerie music at the end bring you more humour as the pumpkin gets "killed".

The Annoying Orange 3


And here's another one by the same youtuber.

Marshmallow Murder


There are more videos up to AO 6 but since I don't want a long scrolling page I might as well put up links to the video.





What I really enjoy about Danebo's (the author) videos are, they are hilarious without the use of obscene acts or languages. Even my parents laughed at this ! The reaction of the annoyed fruits who try to counter the orange's manipulation of language are the most hilarious of all and its sort of like laughing at their misery. Especially when normal dicing and blending and other methods we use to eat fruits are killing methods for the fruits *chuckle*.

I loved the part where the orange commented " Hey tomato, I was hoping we could catch up, get it? Ketchup!" Please comment and tell me what you think of the videos. They were relaxing for me and I hope they are for you guys too !

3 comments:

  1. Well, for me the orange and the apple and the other fruits were well, annoying. XD I feel like squashing them, hairy eyelids, big teeth, big mouth, red lips. Lols. I like the marshmallow. So funny. It is a wonder that there are such funny clips to be found on the net. Television, radio, internet. Very soon, the calculator can record my voice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really annoying, yet entertaining. It is a really simple concept, surrounding a fruit. Each clip is short, but I really enjoyed it and I suppose it fulfilled its objective.

    I guess such videos help to relieve stress, so in a way they are stress-relivers or purely for entertainment!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, the orange is not funny. Why not try Peter Chao?

    I hate his teeth which are full of plague. Yucks.

    Chao O Sai!

    ReplyDelete