Friday, January 22, 2010

Thousands of Snipers. One Way to Win

The publication of this post signifies a new blogskin with the start of a new year. Since it is a start of a new beginning (or end) I might as well introduce myself.

I am Park Seong Jin and definitely my name tells you that it is one of a kind in Singapore. Yup. That's right. I am a Korean foreigner studying in Singapore. Life here as a student was tough. Espcially wh
en I came into a SAP school after my PSLE. However, things are looking better now as I have learnt to take control of my own schedule and not let my schedule control me. Still, as the title suggests, "better" does not mean free. It means MORE commitments I have to control.

A) Academics are always the core of the school system. They are the single most important thing in my school life and everything I do revolves around it. As commitments increase, coping with the ever increasing homework would be difficult for me. Especially when we have to work hard to gain entry into CSE next year. Currently, my agenda is to get into the Humanities Program as I'm quite keen about well, literature, History, Geography and other fundamentals.

B) Leadership activities are always popping up as I go on with my school life. First of all, I'm in the Aphelion Council and there is a huge project council members selected has to be OT for. It is nonetheless the 16th Student Leader's Convention with even foreign participants. Life would be tough for the next 6 months as we would be meeting with OTs from the Nanyang Girls from 7pm to 12am weekly. Oh and ironically another commitment I have is the Service Learning Club, which is also SLC in acronym. I'm currently in the EXCO and is trying to find a beneficiary for our projects.

C) CCA or EP3
3 pulls at my sleeve too as I struggle with the amount of work I have. Mine is Softball which is a sport like Baseball. The thing is that, training is on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 1430 to 1730. That is more than one quarter of my week occupied. Thus, it frequently clashes with many other activities but until now, I have handled them well. However, being a sports player, I enjoy training and it helps me keep fit too as to sitting in front of the computer and do work which does not burn any fats.

D) Another thing is that I am in the AEP. Me and my mates got selected after an Art class during Sec1 and safe to say, it is a benefit to my MSG. It offers me a lot of stress-relieving activities and I am quite glad.

So I hope whoever reads this post has learned well about me to comment. Everyone else, including myself, please work hard and strive for the stars !

No comments:

Post a Comment