Monday, March 1, 2010

Multiple Intelligence Test. My abilities to Snipe and Shield.

Right so, this blog post requires me too post my learning profile here, on my blog and in no less than 100 words the implications or what I feel about this so called "test". Ok, here's I go.

First I'll show you what I got for my recent MIT profile. Take a look at it.


As you can see, I scored highest for Intrapersonal, which is, "Myself Smart". I actually partly agree on this as I tend to think and reflect on myself a lot, either through thinking or writing it down through any means. I judge myself whether I did the correct thing in my mind, I talk to my mind through thinking, something like that. And guess what? My "naturalistic" part is the worse. I fully agree. I once killed 3 terrapins by letting them have diseases and not knowing it and a hamster by feeding it Gerbil food accidentally. Must have had a bad effect on it. Ever since my last terrapin died, I vowed never to keep any pets again, not even fishes, the simplest of all pets, as my brother recently kept some fighting fishes and within a week their floating carcasses disgusted me. The second highest are Linguistic and /Visualistic as, well of course I'm in AEP and I'm also aiming for HP next year. Coincidence eh? Quite cool actually. This thing works - partly.

Of course there are many implications and limitations of this test and that's the purpose of my blog post here. First, let me highlight to you one thing. The implications of this test are enormous, for both teaching and learning. Just because some people have trouble learning in the logical-mathematical sense is no reason to assume they are no intelligent. They could be strong in one or several other areas. They could become more intelligent in that area through practice and special study. Also they could probably compensate for their weakness in one area by using other areas of intelligence they are strong in or naturally prefer to use, providing the learning environment permits them to do so.

I also find that the questions in that test are a little too direct which will cause the candidate to "cheat" a little by deceiving themselves as the questions are simple, direct questions. Imagine if someone asks you " Are you a good boy? " You would most probably reply "yes" instead of "no", I mean, who wouldn't protagonise themselves in front of other people? Only really honest people could truly see their results of the test, provided that the world only has aroun 2 percent of truly honest people.

Well, here are my thoughts about this Multiple Intelligence. Guess I have to judge by myself to acquire an accurate shot of the scope. Cheers !

No comments:

Post a Comment