Saturday, February 27, 2010

Birthday. Major Shelter from Snipers.

Yup. My annual birthday was just a day ago, 27th of February. I'll tell you more about what exactly happened on that "jolly" day.

"Did you know that 27th of February is when Upper Pierce Reservoir opened?" Apparently I got this quote from elsewhere; a MOE book showcasing every single day with a special event. Mine happened to be this, quite uninteresting, I say.

Anyways I woke up in the morning feeling rather dizzy and found a strawberry cake found on the dining table. Of course, this is a tradition right? So as with other people, I got a "Happy Birthday" Song from both my brother and me plus blowing 5 candles at one go. Though after this, I saw my brother in a different light. He had actually prepared presents for me! That was like once in a thousand times for him to be so considerate and it was actually a fine professional stuff too! It was a "Parker" (Sound like my Sir Name) Fountain Pen costing $50 dollars with a bottle of ink. He had gotten it using his "ang-bao' money obtained from various people during that period. I was moved man. Word could not describe it. However, one thing to note was that, I wouldn't be using it as its too thin for my handwriting. Haha.

After that the invisible sniping did begin. I got an unexpected sms from my "long-lost" Korean friend saying that he will be at my house to that evening to give me my present and preferably hang out with me for a while. Of course, this was quite messy as he sent this on the day itself. I told my Mother this and she became strangely anxious, saying that tonight's schedule was busy for me.. so on. Adults. Haiz. For Pete's sake I knew my own schedule and could control it. So we quarreled over this lame argument and ended it in silence.

When it was time for him to come, I was told to meet at Junction 8 MRT station. However, when he was late for like, 40 minutes, I called him and he said he was in the Taxi Station, waiting for me. I told him where I was and ran to the taxi station. However, he was not there either. I called him again and he said he was in MRT station. Oh great. This time, I specifically told him to wait for me and rain to the MRT station again.

Well, so after that incident most "Snipers" were gone and we had quite a good time with each other, together with my little brother. We first went to the arcade and that's when I found out that he was afraid to play "House of the Dead 4". Haha. Frankly, I was a bit nervous too while playing it with the big screen showing dead people walking towards me and the repeated reloading of the gun added to the tension lest I didn't reload fast enough and got "scratched" by them. After that, everything was hulala, and we went home to play Tennis, but to our dismay both courts were booked by some Indian coaches and we went back home again without smacking the Tennis ball once.

After that, he gave me my present which was a blue pillow (LOL) and I sent him home by Taxi after all those hassle and trouble. What a most enjoyable day. (*smirk* and *groan*)

1 comment:

  1. First and foremost!

    Happy birthday!

    Another year older means many things, it also highlights your maturity and growth.

    I guess you had a tired but fun day actually

    ReplyDelete